Arsenal defender William Saliba has arrived in France ahead of his move to Marseille. The Gunners have been in talks with the Ligue 1 side for weeks over a loan deal for the center-back. The 21-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Nice. He will spend the rest of the season at the Stade Velodrome in France.
WHAT’S THE LATEST?
On Tuesday morning, Saliba went to France to seek medical treatments and to finalize his transfer to Marseilles.
The move will be completed in the next few days and the teammate Matteo Guendouzi from Gunners will be joining Saliba for the season on a loan from the Velodrome Stadium.
Marseilles wanted to include the obligation to purchase an option for Saliba in the loan contract, but during the talks, Arsenal denied this proposal.
DOES SALIBA STILL HAVE A FUTURE AT ARSENAL?
Marseille has signed Cameroon defender Saliba from Arsenal on loan until the end of the season. The -year-old has yet to make a competitive appearance for the Gunners and will leave next summer. Marseille say he will return to the French club in 2019 after his loan spell with the Ligue 1 side ends.
WHAT’S NEXT FOR ARSENAL?
Arsenal is expected to press ahead with their pursuit of Brighton defender Ben White. The Gunners have already seen multiple bids rejected by the Seagulls for the 23-year-old center-back. Arsenal currently only have Rob Holding, Calum Chambers, and Pablo Mari as available senior center-backs. Saliba’s exit and an injury to Gabriel Magalhaes mean that Arsenal currently has just three senior defenders.
- Premier League Golden Boot Race: Premier League Top Scorers 22
- LIST OF HOSTED STADIUMS OF THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
- ARSENAL’S SAKA HAS OZIL’S RESPECT AFTER EURO 2020 PENALTY
- FIND OUT WHAT ERTZ NEEDS TO DO TO KEEP USWNT ON TRACK TO WIN THE OLYMPIC BID AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACK HER
- HAVING LIMPED OUT OF HIS TEAM’S OLYMPIC MATCH AGAINST EGYPT, REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER CEBALLOS FACES INJURY WORRIES