Dani Ceballos suffered a knock during Spain’s opening match of the 2020 Olympics against Egypt. The 24-year-old was caught by a challenge from Taher Mohamed during the first half at the Sapporo Dome. He was unable to continue as a star-studded Spanish side to start their bid for a gold medal in Tokyo.
WHAT HAPPENED TO CEBALLOS?
Eliaquim Mangas Taher was forced off the field of play after a challenge from Sevilla’s Dani Ceballos. The former Arsenal loanee went in for a challenge as half-time approached in Tokyo. He was free to continue but had to be replaced by Osasuna’s Jon Moncayola at halftime.
ANY OTHER FITNESS CONCERNS?
Ceballos was not the only Spanish star to pick up a knock against Egypt.
Prior to his departure late in the first half, Oscar Mingueza had already headed for an enforced break. The Barcelona defender lasted just 20 minutes before making way for Jesus Vallejo.
- Premier League Golden Boot Race: Premier League Top Scorers 22
- LIST OF HOSTED STADIUMS OF THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
- ARSENAL’S SAKA HAS OZIL’S RESPECT AFTER EURO 2020 PENALTY
- FIND OUT WHAT ERTZ NEEDS TO DO TO KEEP USWNT ON TRACK TO WIN THE OLYMPIC BID AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACK HER
- HAVING LIMPED OUT OF HIS TEAM’S OLYMPIC MATCH AGAINST EGYPT, REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER CEBALLOS FACES INJURY WORRIES