Arsenal starts their pre-season campaign by losing 2-1 to Hibernian at Easter Road. Nicolas Pepe missed a second-half penalty as the Gunners were beaten in front of 2,000 home fans. Arsenal goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo marked his promotion to the first-team squad with a dreadful error that gifted Martin Boyle a first-half tap-in.
Eddie Nketiah missed a glorious chance to put Arsenal ahead in the first ten minutes. Cedric Soares then missed on his attempted clearance, allowing Danny Boyle to tap in.
Moyo Mackay scored the only goal of the game as Hibernian beat Arsenal at Ibrox. The Scottish Premiership champions had made seven changes to their side at halftime after Steven Bradley hit the post for Steven Okonkwo’s first-half opener. Arteta Arteta made Thomas Partey, Alexandre Lacazette, Pepe, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain among those who came on.
They did eventually score with eight minutes left as the lively Lacazette slipped a pass-through for another substitute, Hector Bellerin, to cross to the far post where Smith Rowe was on hand to volley home but Arsenal was unable to avoid defeat.
- Premier League Golden Boot Race: Premier League Top Scorers 22
- LIST OF HOSTED STADIUMS OF THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
- ARSENAL’S SAKA HAS OZIL’S RESPECT AFTER EURO 2020 PENALTY
- FIND OUT WHAT ERTZ NEEDS TO DO TO KEEP USWNT ON TRACK TO WIN THE OLYMPIC BID AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACK HER
- HAVING LIMPED OUT OF HIS TEAM’S OLYMPIC MATCH AGAINST EGYPT, REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER CEBALLOS FACES INJURY WORRIES