Jurgen Klopp is ready to block Liverpool players from international duty this month.
The Reds boss insists he is not willing to release any of his stars if they are required to quarantine for ten days on their return.
Brazilians Alisson Becker, Roberto Firmino and Fabinho and Portugal forward Diogo Jota are among a host for Liverpool stars who will be required to undergo 10 days’ hotel isolation should they play for their countries in World Cup qualifiers later this month.
FIFA has given clubs dispensation to prevent players who may be affected by the regulations from joining up with their countries.
Klopp fully intends to apply it, saying: “I think all the clubs agree that with the same problems we cannot just let the boys go and then sort the situation when they come back by placing our players in a 10-day quarantine in a hotel, it is just not possible.
“I understand the needs of the different FAs but this is a time where we cannot make everyone happy and we have to admit the players are paid by the clubs so it means we have to be first priority.
“The whole situation is similar to the Champions League in terms of where we play and you have to wait until the last second pretty much because people need time to make decisions and we don’t think too much about it as we cannot be influential in it.
“We just deal with what other people decided so we got kind of used to it but I think everyone agrees we cannot let the players go and play for their country and come back and quarantine for 10 days in a hotel, that is not how we can do it.”
Klopp, meanwhile, has confirmed Alisson and Fabinho will return for Liverpool against Chelsea on Thursday.
Number one Alisson was absent for Sunday’s 2-0 win over Sheffield United following the tragic news of his father’s death last week.
Klopp said: “Ali trained the full week and we should expect that he is able to return.”
The Liverpool manager also confirmed the return of Fabinho, who has missed his side’s last four games with a muscle injury.
“Fab has now five or six sessions and looks good. He is ready for the squad for sure,” he added.
Klopp is hopeful that Diogo Jota will also be available to feature.
The forward returned to full training last week following his recovery from a knee injury, but has been battling illness this week.
He said: “With Diogo, he was with us in the hotel, but he got sick overnight and we had to send him home. It depends how quick he will recover, obviously.
“He was in the squad and as I said before, he trained with the team and it all looked really good but unfortunately he got sick overnight. I think he will be available, but I don’t know.”