Real Madrid has tabled only one contract extension offer to Raphael Varane. The French defender is likely to move on as they wait on an offer from Manchester United. The Blancos did offer fresh terms to the defender earlier in the summer, but no extension has been agreed as a move to England is lined up.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Raphael Varane is keen to leave Real Madrid this summer and has held talks with the club’s president Florentino Perez over a move to England. Manchester United has been tracking the Frenchman for some time as they seek a new partner for Harry Maguire at the heart of their back four. A formal approach from Old Trafford is expected to be made in the coming days.
MONEY NOT A FACTOR
Raphael Varane has been linked with a move away from Real Madrid to Manchester United. The France international could return to training with the Spanish giants on July 23. No date has been set for a move to be put in place, meaning that Varane could return early next month. He would earn more than his current salary if he were to sign a new deal in Madrid.
Real Madrid is in need of a new captain after Sergio Ramos left the La Liga giants. Carlo Ancelotti is keen to retain control of the Spanish club and wants a player with whom he shares a management agency to remain at the Bernabeu.
Raphael Varane is Real Madrid’s all-time leading scorer in La Liga with 18 goals. The defender has been named as the club’s captain for the first time since his move from Lyon.
- Premier League Golden Boot Race: Premier League Top Scorers 22
- LIST OF HOSTED STADIUMS OF THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
- ARSENAL’S SAKA HAS OZIL’S RESPECT AFTER EURO 2020 PENALTY
- FIND OUT WHAT ERTZ NEEDS TO DO TO KEEP USWNT ON TRACK TO WIN THE OLYMPIC BID AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACK HER
- HAVING LIMPED OUT OF HIS TEAM’S OLYMPIC MATCH AGAINST EGYPT, REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER CEBALLOS FACES INJURY WORRIES