Lionel Messi scored a free-kick to cap Argentina’s 3-0 victory over Ecuador in the Copa America quarter-finals. The Barcelona forward also assisted the other two goals in the win on Saturday. Argentina will face Colombia in the last four of the tournament on Tuesday. Lionel Messi has scored four goals and made four assists so far in this tournament.
WHAT HAS BEEN SAID?
“MESSI SHOCKS US STEP BY STEP, HE GETS MORE GROUNDED AND MORE GROUNDED AND CONTAMINATES US ALL,”
Said forward, Gonzalez.
“HE GIVES US CERTAINTY AND EUPHORIA. YOU NEED TO PROCEED DOWN THIS WAY AND APPRECIATE IT.”
Bury forward Lautaro Martinez added:
“WE AS A WHOLE FOLLOW MESSI’S ADMINISTRATION. TODAY WE SAW AGAIN HOW HE HAS AN EFFECT AND WE ARE LARGELY GOING WITH HIM.”
“I GENERALLY SAY IT: INDIVIDUAL [MOMENTS] ARE AUXILIARY, WE ARE HERE FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT,”
“I NEED TO COMPLIMENT THE GATHERING FOR THE WORK THEY ARE DOING – WE HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM OUR FAMILIES FOR A LONG TIME.”
All signs currently highlight a Brazil versus Argentina last, as the stalwart sides have torn through their separate apparatuses and presently stand only one more win from confronting each another with the Copa America prize available for anyone.
Messi and Neymar have satisfied hopes to help their countries advance to this stage.
The Selecao will play Peru in the semi-last, while the Albiceleste will take on Colombia.
- Premier League Golden Boot Race: Premier League Top Scorers 22
- LIST OF HOSTED STADIUMS OF THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
- ARSENAL’S SAKA HAS OZIL’S RESPECT AFTER EURO 2020 PENALTY
- FIND OUT WHAT ERTZ NEEDS TO DO TO KEEP USWNT ON TRACK TO WIN THE OLYMPIC BID AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACK HER
- HAVING LIMPED OUT OF HIS TEAM’S OLYMPIC MATCH AGAINST EGYPT, REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER CEBALLOS FACES INJURY WORRIES