Sheffield United are the latest Premier League club to be hit by a coronavirus outbreak.
The Blades revealed that a “a number” of individuals are self-isolating after testing positive for Covid-19, but their match with Burnley will go ahead as planned on Tuesday night.
The news came as the Premier League recorded its highest number of positive coronavirus tests this season.
Between December 21 and 27, 1,479 players and club staff were tested and 18 individuals were revealed to have the virus and will now self-isolate for a period of ten days.
The previous highest number of cases in the top-flight was 16, during the week of November 9 to 15.
Manchester City’s match at Everton was called off at four hours’ notice on Monday after a number of Pep Guardiola’s squad tested positive.
But Sheffield United said their trip to Turf Moor on Tuesday – live on talkSPORT at 6pm – will not be postponed.
The club said in a statement: “Sheffield United can confirm the club recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests after the latest round of testing.
“Due to medical confidentiality, the club will not be revealing the names of those who have been affected.
“The individuals who have tested positive have now entered into a period of self-isolation in accordance with Premier League and Government guidelines.
“Earlier today, the Premier League confirmed 18 positive coronavirus tests – the highest figure of the season so far.
“Everyone at Sheffield United would like to extend our best wishes to our colleagues and wish them a speedy recovery.”
Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl, meanwhile, will miss tonight’s match with West Ham.
The Austrian has been forced to self-isolate after a member of his household tested positive for Covid-19.
The club say Hasenhutll will still manage this evening’s game from home, keeping contact with his staff throughout via a video and audio link.