Steven Gerrard was SENT OFF at half-time of Rangers’ clash with Livingston after he confronted referee John Beaton over his decision not to award his side a penalty after Alfredo Morelos was hauled down in the area.

Shortly before the interval, Morelos was booked for simulation despite appearing to be bundled to the ground by Livingston goalkeeper Max Stryjek.

Gerrard was dismissed at half-time of Rangers’ clash with Livingston

Gerrard was dismissed at half-time of Rangers’ clash with Livingston

The decision did not sit well with his manager, who confronted the referee at the whistle.

Beaton initially booked the 40-year-old but he kept going and was shown a second yellow.

Gerrard could now be facing a spell on the sidelines for his table-topping side’s upcoming games – where they could potentially be crowned champions.

You can look at Gerrard’s furious reaction, below…


The Light Blues look set to have a March to savour, with their team just three wins away from their first league crown in a decade.

And prior to the clash, Gerrard admitted this month was the most important yet as the Ibrox outfit look to seal their first title in 11 years.

He said: “We’re coming into March and everyone thinks it will be the pivotal month.

“But if I can take you back, we had to start the season strong, then we had to build on that.

“Then people were telling me we had to make sure we had a real positive Christmas period because of the amount of games coming up.

“Then January was the key month because we had Aberdeen away, we had Hibs away, we had the Old Firm. It was like January was the biggest month of all.

“But when we came through January, all of a sudden February was important.

“Now we’re in March and everyone is talking about March.

“However, every month so far has been key and important. We’ve completed them all because we’ve been consistent, been hungry and got the right results.

“The only setback we’ve had has been St Mirren, which has been a phenomenal season so far.


Source link

Comments are closed.