Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Euro 2020 Golden Boot after scoring five goals in four matches. The Portugal forward scored three of his goals from the penalty spot, while the other two came from open play against Hungary and Germany. No one on England or Italy duty managed to surpass his tally in the final on Sunday.
EURO 2020 TOP SCORERS
After Ronaldo and Schick at five goals apiece, four players finished on four goals: Harry Kane, Karim Benzema, Emil Forsberg, and Romelu Lukaku.
Ronaldo played in only four games – 360 minutes – at Euro 2020, compared to the likes of final participants Kane and Raheem Sterling, who each played over 600 minutes.
|1.||Cristiano Ronaldo (POR)||360||5||1|
|2||Patrik Schick (CZE)||404||5||0|
|3.||Karim Benzema (FRA)||349||4||0|
|4.||Emil Forsberg (SWE)||371||4||0|
|5.||Romelu Lukaku (BEL)||444||4||0|
This is Ronaldo’s first Golden Boot honor, as he came in second place in 2016 when Portugal won the competition.
THE REAL WINNER? OWN GOALS
While Ronaldo was the Golden Boot winner among players, there were a record 11 own goals scored at Euro 2020.
Before this summer, the high mark had been only three own goals in an entire Euro tournament, which happened in 2016.
- Premier League Golden Boot Race: Premier League Top Scorers 22
- LIST OF HOSTED STADIUMS OF THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
- ARSENAL’S SAKA HAS OZIL’S RESPECT AFTER EURO 2020 PENALTY
- FIND OUT WHAT ERTZ NEEDS TO DO TO KEEP USWNT ON TRACK TO WIN THE OLYMPIC BID AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACK HER
- HAVING LIMPED OUT OF HIS TEAM’S OLYMPIC MATCH AGAINST EGYPT, REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER CEBALLOS FACES INJURY WORRIES