Roberto Mancini was pleased with his side’s 3-0 win over Turkey in Euro 2020’s opening match.
Mancini was pleased with Italy’s performance at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, where they scored three second-half goals.
“WE PLAYED WELL. WITH IT BEING THE FIRST MATCH, IT WASN’T EASY AND WE WERE AGAINST A GOOD TEAM,”
“THE CROWD HELPED US, AND IT WAS CRUCIAL FOR US TO MOVE THE BALL QUICKLY.”
Italy striker Ciro Immobile, who scored one of the goals for his side, said: “We showed patience in the first half.
“TURKEY ARE A STRONG SIDE AND CAUSED PROBLEMS FOR MANY TOP TEAMS. WE TRIED TO TIRE THEM OUT, MOVING THE BALL LEFT AND RIGHT AND TRYING TO SPREAD THEM. UNFORTUNATELY, WE REGULARLY STRUGGLED TO BREAK THEIR WALL.”
“OUR STRENGTH IS THE GROUP; THE COACH HAS CREATED A GREAT GROUP IN WHICH THERE ARE NO STARTERS AND BENCH PLAYERS AND EACH ONE OF US IS ALWAYS READY TO SACRIFICE FOR OUR TEAMMATES. WINNING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING – IF I SCORE, EVEN BETTER. IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT.”
Switzerland will play Italy on Wednesday night at the same venue, while Turkey will play Wales in Baku earlier that same day.
- Premier League Golden Boot Race: Premier League Top Scorers 22
- LIST OF HOSTED STADIUMS OF THE FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022
- ARSENAL’S SAKA HAS OZIL’S RESPECT AFTER EURO 2020 PENALTY
- FIND OUT WHAT ERTZ NEEDS TO DO TO KEEP USWNT ON TRACK TO WIN THE OLYMPIC BID AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACK HER
- HAVING LIMPED OUT OF HIS TEAM’S OLYMPIC MATCH AGAINST EGYPT, REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER CEBALLOS FACES INJURY WORRIES