The Uruguay international scored a beauty as the Red Devils settled for a draw at home against Scott Parker’s Cottagers
Manchester United fans in Africa were in ecstasy after watching Edinson Cavani’s beautiful goal against Fulham.
Superstar striker Edinson Cavani played for the first time in front of his club’s supporters and treated them to a moment of brilliance as he lobbed Fulham keeper Alphonse Areola from 40 yards out after Bruno Fernandes’ clever flick.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men took the lead less than 15 minutes into the match against the Cottagers.
A David De Gea clearance was flicked on to Cavani by Bruno Fernandes, who rammed the shot into the far corner against the visitor.
WHAT HAS CAVANI ACCOMPLISHED?
- The 34-year-old becomes only the third Manchester United player.
- Over the age of 33 to score 10 league goals in a season.
- Teddy Sheringham, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who scored the same number for Manchester United in 2016-17
- Have both shot to the same heights in the past.
- Although Cavani is not close to Herningham’s record, he still has some ground to make up for Ibrahimovic.
- Who netted 17 goals for United that same season, and Sheringham, who netted 15 this time.
In addition, Cavani has now matched the tally of goals fellow countryman Diego Forlan scored during his two-term spell at Old Trafford, in 37 fewer games than the former Golden Ball winner managed.
WHAT HAPPENED TO MANCHESTER UNITED?
As a result of Bryan’s effort, United dropped 10 points from winning positions at Old Trafford this season, their highest-ever total at home during a single Premier League season.
Man Utd: De Gea (7), Wan-Bissaka (6), Tuanzebe (6), Lindelof (6), Shaw (7), Fred (6), McTominay (7), Pogba (6), Fernandes (7), Greenwood (6), Cavani (7)
Subs: Rashford (6), Diallo (NA), Van de Beek (NA)
Fulham: Areola (7), Bryan (7), Ream (7), Tosin (7), Anguissa (7), Reed (6), Lookman (7), Carvalho (7), Lemina (6), Reid (7), Cavaleiro (6)
Subs: Andersen (6), Loftus-Cheek (5), Tete (NA)
Man of the match: Edinson Cavani