Xavi admits he rejected the chance to take over at Barcelona twice in the past. The former Barcelona midfielder was one of the favorites to replace Ronald Koeman.
Xavi says he did not believe the time was right for him to take charge at the Nou Camp. Koeman has now been confirmed as the new Barcelona manager for the 2014-15 season.
The Dutchman will remain in charge for the rest of the season. Click here for all the latest Barcelona news.
Xavi has signed a new contract with Qatari side Al-Sadd until 2023. The deal is believed to include a clause which allows him to return to Barcelona. The 41-year-old has been linked with a move to Borussia Dortmund and the Brazilian national team. Xavi says he is not in a hurry to move back to Barcelona and has had offers from across the globe. The former Barcelona star says he wants to keep honing his skills in Qatar before the stars align and he returns to the club he left in 2010.
“I’M PREPARING MYSELF FOR THIS, BUT YOU HAVE TO RESPECT KOEMAN, A CLUB LEGEND WITH ANOTHER YEAR ON HIS CONTRACT.”
- French open 2021: Serena Williams Loses At French Open And Federer Withdraws
- BARCELONA MANAGER XAVI ONCE AGAIN TURNS DOWN THE JOB
- THE TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR TEAM HAS TURNED BACK TO ERIK TEN HAG AFTER THE ANTONIO CONTE TALKS FAILED
- FORMER MAN UNITED AND MAN CITY STAR TEVEZ HAS ANNOUNCED HIS DEPARTURE FROM BOCA JUNIORS
- PFA PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM OF THE YEAR INCLUDES SALAH, SON, AND KANE FROM MANCHESTER CITY AND UNITED